Youth on Board
Find a full-time paid job in the not-for-profit sector. We'll help you find a reliable employer, get training, and skills!
Youth on Board offers it all!
Our Vision is to empower YOU with the skills and opportunities YOU need, to build a career that creates a better future for yourself, your community, and the world.
Our Mission is to help YOU find job opportunities in the Yukon, by providing professional and technical training sessions that lead directly to career-building experiences with not-for-profit organisations.
If you are:
- Between 18 and 30 years old
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant territorial / provincial legislation and regulations
- Not currently in receipt of Employment Insurance benefits
All the Criteria have been met! Welcome aboard!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are here...
- To help youth facing barriers to employment including single parents, youth with disabilities, indigenous youth, young newcomers, and youth in rural and remote areas to develop employability skills by obtaining a full-time 20-week-long work experience.
- To help youth develop a broad range of skills and knowledge in order to participate in the current and future labour market
- To assist youth with the information and experience they need to make informed career decisions, find a job and / or pursue advanced studies.
Other Key information:
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at :
T: (867) 456-4304
News Release from VBY and The Honourable Larry Bagnell Announcement (Friday, June 23rd, 2017): Creating Job Opportunities for Youth in Whitehorse/Création de possibilités d'emmploi pour les jeunes de Whitehorse
Funded by the Government of Canada’s Youth Skills Link Program