Volunteer Recruitment—the EASY way!
- Do you have difficulty finding volunteers for your non-profit organization?
- Would you like to increase your pool of volunteers?
- Would you like to promote your volunteer opportunities beyond your immediate network?
Volunteer Yukon can help you! Your volunteer opportunities can be advertised through the following vectors:
- Active in Your Community (weekly column in Yukon News)
- Life 100.7 FM (Whitehorse, Watson Lake, Teslin and Atlin): at 9:00 am, noon, and 6:00 pm, Monday-Saturday
- Yukon College, Students Residence Campus
- Bringing Youth Towards Equality (BYTE): physical office and BYTE website: www.yukonyouth.com/volunteer
- YuWIN website: http://yuwin.ca/jobs
- Volunteer Yukon website: http://volunteeryukon.ca/spip.php?article3
- VY Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/volunteer.yukon
- VY Twitter account:http://twitter.com/volunteeryukon
- VY office bulletin board
- Targeted emails to Volunteer Database: Volunteer Yukon’s database contains 225 potential volunteers!
For non-profits located outside of Whitehorse, VY can help you source volunteers in your community, using:
- Active in Your Community (Yukon News)
- Life 100.7 FM
- YuWIN’s website
- BYTE’s website
- Volunteer Yukon’s website, Twitter account, and Facebook page
If needed for your organization’s reporting or for other purposes, Volunteer Yukon can indicate:
- The number of people who opened the email sent by VY about your volunteer opportunity
- The number of people who viewed your volunteer opportunity on YuWIN’s website
- Volunteers’ satisfaction level with VY’s volunteer matching system (calculated annually) — 2011 statistics: http://volunteeryukon.ca/IMG/pdf/Volunteer_Yukon_s_Volunteer_Matching_System_July_2012.pdf
Information you need to send us to promote your volunteer opportunities:
- Volunteer opportunity title
- Task description
- Skills needed
- Time commitment
- Incentive for the volunteer (training opportunity, free ticket for event, etc.)
- Staff position that will supervise the volunteer (who s/he will report to)
Bonus: Promoting your volunteer opportunities through Volunteer Yukon is also a way for your organization to promote its public events, its programs & services, its mission & vision, and more. All you need to do is insert an extra message when you send us your volunteer opportunities.
Promoting your volunteer opportunities through VY is fantastically easy; just send them to Bruno Bourdache at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive confirmation once promotion has occurred.
* * * * *
Volunteer Yukon requests that all organizations using our services become a member of VY:
- To check if you are a member: http://volunteeryukon.ca/spip.php?article64
- To become a member: http://volunteeryukon.ca/spip.php?article57
Send your volunteer opportunities to: email@example.com